Tuesday, June 22, 9am-12pm: The Roots of Structural Racism: Residential Segregation in the US (Hosted by UC Berkeley’s Othering & Belonging Institute)
Join us for a half-day forum with fair housing advocates and leading race and housing scholars from across the United States for the unveiling of “The Roots of Structural Racism,” a groundbreaking new project from the Othering & Belonging Institute at UC Berkeley which details just how widespread and harmful racial residential segregation remains today, why it matters, who it impacts, and what can be done to reverse this dangerous trend and promote integration.
- Richard Rothstein, author of the best-seller The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America
- Lisa Rice, president and CEO of the National Fair Housing Alliance
- Demetria McCain, fair housing advocate and president of the Inclusive Communities Project
- Margery Turner, expert on urban policy and neighborhood issues and fellow at the Urban Institute
- Ajmel Quereshi, Senior Counsel at the Legal Defense Fund
- john a. powell, OBI director and housing expert
- Stephen Menendian, OBI assistant director who led the Roots of Structural Racism project
Samir Gambhir, director of OBI’s Equity Metrics program, and co-author of The Roots of Structural Racism project
SV@Home Presents: Opportunity Housing- Creating Neighborhoods for All
This event has passed- watch the recording below!
Join SV@Home for a discussion on increasing affordable housing options by allowing duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes across San Jose.
Opportunity Housing (Virtual) Walking Tour
Saturday, May 22, 2021
11 AM – 12 PM PDT
Join South Bay YIMBY for a (virtual) tour of San Jose neighborhoods, showcasing how small missing middle housing types coexist peacefully side by side with single family homes.
We’ll even teach you how to learn to spot examples of Opportunity Housing in your own neighborhood!
Learn more or join the opportunity housing movement today!